- (2011) Unconscious Thought Theory and its discontents: A critique of the critiques. Social Cognition, 29, 629-647.
- (2011) The substitutibility of physical and social warmth in everyday life. Emotion 12, (1) 154 - 162.
- (2011) The selfish goal: Self-deception occurs naturally from autonomous goal operation. Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 34, 27-28.
- (2011) Unconscious action tendencies: Sources of 'un-intergrated' action. In J. Decety & J.T. Cacioppo (Eds.), Handbook of Social Neuroscience. New York: Oxford University Press. (pp. 335-347).
- (2011) Use of priming-based interventions to facilitate psychological health: Commentary on Kazdin & Blase (2011). Perspectives on Psychological Science, 6, 488-492.
- (2010) Incidental haptic sensations influence social judgments. Science, 328, 1712-1715.
- (2010) Physical temperature effects on trust behavior: The role of insula. Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience, 1-9.
- (2010) What is an output? Psychological Inquiry, 21, (4) 354-370.
- (2010) The spontaneous thoughts of the night: How future tasks breed intrusive cognitions. Social Cognition, 28, 640-649.
- (2010) Motivation. In S. T. Fiske, D. T. Gilbert, & G. Lindzey (Eds.), Handbook of Social Psychology (5th ed.). New York: Wiley.
- (2010) Unconscious behavioral guidance systems. In C. Agnew, D Carlston, W Graziano, & J. Kelly (Eds.), Then a miracle occurs: Focusing on behavior in social psychological theory and research New York, NY: Oxford University Press. (pp. 89-118).
- (2009) You wear me out: The vicarious depletion of self-control. Psychological Science, 20, 326-332.
- (2009) The selfish goal. In G. B. Moskowitz & H. Grant (Eds.), The psychology of goals (pp. 127-150). New York: Guilford.
- (2009) American moral exceptionalism. In J. T. Jost, A. C. Kay, & H. Thorisdottir (Eds.), Social and psychological bases of ideology and system justification (pp. 27-52). New York: Oxford University Press.
- (2009) The food marketing defense model: Integrating psychological research to protect youth and inform public policy. Social Issues and Policy Review, 3, (1) 211-271