- (2003) Thinking of you: Nonconscious pursuit of interpersonal goals associated with relationship partners. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 84, 148-163.
- (2003) The self, online. In S. J. Spencer, S. Fein, M. P. Zanna, & J. M. Olson (Eds.), Motivated social perception: The Ontario symposium (Vol. 9). Ontario symposium on personality and social psychology (pp. 195-213). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Publishers.
- (2002) Losing consciousness: Automatic influences on consumer judgment, behavior and motivation. Journal of Consumer Research, 29, 280-285.
- (2002) The automatic evaluation of novel stimuli. Psychological Science, 6, 515-519.
- (2002) Spontaneous causal inferences. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 38, 515-522.
- (2002) Automatic sources of aggression. Aggression and Violent Behavior, 7, 53-68.
- (2002) Nonconscious motivations: Their activation, operation, and consequences. In A. Tesser, D.A. Stapel, & J.W. Wood (Eds.), Self and motivation: Emerging psychological perspectives (pp. 13-41). Washington, D.C.: APA.
- (2002) Sensitivity and flexibility: Exploring the knowledge function of automatic attitudes. In L. F. Barrett, & P. Salovey (Eds.), The wisdom in feeling: Psychological processes in emotional intelligence. Emotions and social behavior (pp. 383-405). New York, NY: Guilford Press.
- (2001) The automated will: Nonconscious activation and pursuit of behavioral goals. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 81, 1014-1027.
- (2001) The perception-behavior expressway: Automatic effects of social perception on social behavior. In M. Zanna (Ed.), Advances in Experimental Social Psychology, 33, pp. 1-40.
- (2001) Relationship orientation as a moderator of the effects of power. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 80, 173-187.
- (2000) Beyond behaviorism: The automaticity of higher mental processes. Psychological Bulletin, 126, 925-945.
- (2000) Studying the mind in the middle: A practical guide to priming and automaticity research. In H.T. Reis and C.M. Judd (Eds.), Handbook of research methods in social and personality psychology, New York: Cambridge University Press.
- (1999) Consequences of automatic evaluation: Immediate behavioral predispositions to approach or avoid the stimulus. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 25, 215-224.
- (1999) The cognitive monster: The case against the controllability of automatic sterotype effects. In Chaiken and Trope (Eds.), Dual-process theories in social psychology, New York: Guilford.