- (2008) Peak of desire: Activating the mating goal changes life stage preferences across living kinds. Psychological Science, 19, 573-578.
- (2008) Keeping one's distance: The influence of spatial distance cues on affect and evaluation. Psychological Science, 19, 302-308.
- (2008) Implicit theism. In R. Sorrentino & S. Yamaguchi (Eds.), Handbook of motivation and cognition within and across cultures (pp. 71-94). San Diego: Academic Press.
- (2008) Taking a closer look: On the operation of nonconscious impression formation. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 44, 614-623.
- (2007) The perversity of inanimate objects: Stimulus control by incidental musical notation. Social Cognition, 25, 265-280.
- (2007) Social psychological approaches to consciousness. In P. Zelazo, M. Moscovitch, & E. Thompson (Eds.), The Cambridge handbook of consciousness. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- (2007) On the nonconscious regulation of emotion. In J. Gross (Ed.), Handbook of emotion regulation (pp. 429-445). New York: Guilford.
- (2006) What have we been priming all these years? On the development, mechanisms, and ecology of nonconscious social behavior. European Journal of Social Psychology, 36, 147-168.
- (2006) The automaticity of social life. Current Directions in Psychological Science, 15, 1-4.
- (2006) Linking Automatic Evaluation to Mood and Information Processing Style: Consequences for Experienced Affect, Impression Formation, and Stereotyping. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 135, 70-77.
- (2005) The function of phenomenal states: Supramodular interaction theory. Psychological Review, 112, 1000-1021.
- (2005) After-affects: How automatic evaluations influence the interpretation of subsequent, unrelated stimuli. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 41, 182-191.
- (2005) Bypassing the will: Towards demystifying behavioral priming effects. In R. Hassin, J. Uleman & J. Bargh (Eds.), The new unconscious. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.