- (2017) Relating pattern deviancy aversion to stigma and prejudice Nature Human Behaviour 1, 920 - 927.
- (2016) The invisibility cloak illusion: People (incorrectly) believe they observe others more than others observe them. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.
- (2016) Psychological distance moderates the amplification of shared experience. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 42, (10) 1431-1444.
- (2014) Conscious and unconscious: Toward an integrative understanding of human life and action. In J. Sherman, B. Gawronski, & Y. Trope (Eds.), Dual process theories of the social mind. New York: Guilford. 35-49.
- (2014) Priming effect of antismoking PSAs on smoking behavior: A pilot study. Tobacco Control. 23, (4) 285-290.
- (2014) Our unconscious mind. Scientific American, 30, 30-27
- (2014) Shared experiences are amplified. Psychological Science, 25, (12) 2209-2216.
- (2014) The Selfish Goal: Autonomously operating motivational structures as the proximate cause of human judgment and behavior. Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 37, (2) 121 - 135.
- (2013) No sign of quitting: Incidental exposure to "no-smoking signs" ironically boosts cigarette-approach tendencies in smokers. Journal of Applied Social Psychology Journal of Applied Social Psychology. 43, (10) 2518-2162.
- (2013) Voluntary action and the three forms of binding in the brain. A. Clark, J. Kiverstein, & T. Vierkant (Eds.) Decomposing the Will Oxford: Oxford University Press. (pp. 183-190).
- (2013) Neural correlates of the essence of conscious conflict: fMRI of sustaining incompatible intentions. Experimental Brain Research.
- (2013) Superman to the rescue: Simulating physical invulnerability attenuates exclusion-related interpersonal biases. Journal of Experimental Psychology, 49, 349 - 354.
- (2012) Automaticity in social-cognitive processes. Trends in Cognitive Science, 16, (12) 593-605.
- (2012) Embodiment in social psychology. Topics in Cognitive Science.
- (2012) Brighten up: Smiles facilitate perceptual judgment of facial lightness. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 48, 450-452.