- (2018) “So Happy I Could Shout!” and “So Happy I Could Cry!” Dimorphous expressions represent and communicate motivational aspects of positive emotions. Cognition and Emotion, 32, 286-302
- (2018) Superheroes for change: Physical safety promotes socially (but not economically) progressive attitudes among conservatives. European Journal of Social Psychology. 48, 187-195
- (2018) A test of multi-session automatic action tendency retraining to reduce alcohol consumption among young adults in the context of a human laboratory paradigm. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research.
- (2018) Incidental haptic sensations influence judgment of crimes. Scientific Reports.
- (2017) Relating pattern deviancy aversion to stigma and prejudice Nature Human Behaviour 1, 920 - 927.
- (2017) Up and down regulation of a highly automatic process: Implementation intentions can both increase and decrease social projection. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 70, 19-26
- (2017) The world looks better together: How close others enhance our visual experiences. Personal Relationships.
- (2016) Psychological distance moderates the amplification of shared experience. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 42, (10) 1431-1444.
- (2016) The devil made me do it. In A. Miller (e.d.) The social psychology of good and evil. New York: Guilford. (pp 69-91).
- (2016) Sophisticated by design: The nonconscious influence of primed concepts and atmospheric variables on consumer preferences. Customer Needs and Solutions.
- (2016) Awareness of the prime versus awareness of its influence: Implications for the real-world scope of unconscious higher mental processes. Current Opinions in Psychology, 12, 49-52
- (2016) The invisibility cloak illusion: People (incorrectly) believe they observe others more than others observe them. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.
- (2015) Dimorphous expressions of positive emotion: Displays of both care and aggression in response to cute stimuli. Psychological Science.
- (2014) Conscious and unconscious: Toward an integrative understanding of human life and action. In J. Sherman, B. Gawronski, & Y. Trope (Eds.), Dual process theories of the social mind. New York: Guilford. 35-49.
- (2014) Priming effect of antismoking PSAs on smoking behavior: A pilot study. Tobacco Control. 23, (4) 285-290.