- (1987) The role of consciousness in priming effects on categorization: Assimilation versus contrast as a function of awareness of the priming task. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 13, 411-429.
- (1986) Individual construct accessibility and perceptual selection. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 22, 293-311.
- (1986) The additive nature of chronic and temporary sources of construct accessibility. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 50, 869-878.
- (1985) Individual construct accessibility, person memory, and the recall-judgment link: The case of information overload. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 49, 1129-1146.
- (1985) Nature of priming effects on categorization. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition, 11, 59-69.
- (1984) Automatic and controlled processing of social information. In R. S. Wyer, Jr., & T. K. Srull (Eds.), Handbook of social cognition Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum. (Vol. 1, pp. 1-41).
- (1982) Automatic information processing and social perception: The influence of trait information presented outside of conscious awareness on impression formation. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 43, 437-449.
- (1982) Attention and automaticity in the processing of self-relevant information. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 43, 425-436.
- (1980) Birth order, family size, and decline of SAT scores. American Psychologist, 35, 662-668.
- (1980) The confluence model: Parameter estimations for six divergent data sets on family factors and intelligence. Intelligence, 4, 349-361.
- (1978) Mediating factors in the arousal-performance relationship. Motivation and Emotion, 2, 243-257.