- (2001) Relationship orientation as a moderator of the effects of power. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 80, 173-187.
- (2000) Beyond behaviorism: The automaticity of higher mental processes. Psychological Bulletin, 126, 925-945.
- (2000) Studying the mind in the middle: A practical guide to priming and automaticity research. In H.T. Reis and C.M. Judd (Eds.), Handbook of research methods in social and personality psychology, New York: Cambridge University Press.
- (1999) The unbearable automaticity of being. American Psychologist, 54, 462-479.
- (1999) The chameleon effect: The perception-behavior link and social interaction. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 76, 893-910.
- (1999) Consequences of automatic evaluation: Immediate behavioral predispositions to approach or avoid the stimulus. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 25, 215-224.
- (1999) The cognitive monster: The case against the controllability of automatic sterotype effects. In Chaiken and Trope (Eds.), Dual-process theories in social psychology, New York: Guilford.
- (1998) Control and automaticity in social life. In D. T. Gilbert, S. T. Fiske, & G. Lindzey (Eds.), The handbook of social psychology, Vols. 1 and 2 (4th ed.) (pp. 446-496). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
- (1997) The automaticity of everyday life. In R.S. Wyer, Ed., Advances in social cognition.
- (1997) Nonconscious behavioral confirmation processes: The self-fulfilling consequences of automatic stereotype activation. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 33, 541-560.
- (1996) Automaticity in social psychology. In E. T. Higgins & A. W. Kruglanski (Eds.), Social psychology: Handbook of basic principles (pp. 169-183). New York: Guilford.
- (1996) The automatic evaluation effect: Unconditional automatic attitude activation with a pronunciation task. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 32, 185-210.
- (1996) Automaticity of social behavior: Direct effect of trait construct and sterotype activation on action. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 71, 230-244.
- (1996) Automaticity of impression formation and memorization goals. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 71, 464-478.
- (1996) Automaticity in action: The unconscious as repository of chronic goals and motives. In P. M. Gollwitzer, & J. A. Bargh (Eds.), The psychology of action: Linking cognition and motivation to behavior (pp. 457-481). New York, NY: Guilford Press.